Thursday, December 24, 2009

12-25 - 130 am Christmas

  I started another fever again, but so far it has been low grade. I was here by myself and called my step dad that I may need him and told him what was going on. As always, he was there and willing to go then if I wanted to but I wanted to wait until the magic 101.5. I don't want to go if it is not 100% necessary. Denise got back home and I stayed up and ate some pudding and waited it out. It went back to normal but the sweating and shaking continued.

  Denise awoke me at about 1:05am. She could hear me "mouth breathing" from the Living Room. My throat felt like it was closing completely off and my tongue was sticking to it, almost like I was swallowing it. We checked the temperature, normal. With enough water it began to go back... that and coughing. Then I started doing something I usually only have happen in the day, shaking like I was freezing and my hands became numb. If I get under the cover during this I sweat. I've only had these episodes since the 4th Chemo treatment. This usually lasts about 20 minutes to an hour. The fever is usual but the little episodes aren't... just not this time of day (or night). During the day I lay still and they eventually go away.

   I'm glad Denise heard and woke me up though... this weird throat closing part hasn't happened since I was in the hospital. We try to deduce what is what, no conclusions so far but she thinks it is one of the many possible side effects of one of the chemo drugs that she read somewhere. maybe they may have even mentioned it in the hospital. I debated on placing this up but w both agreed that if I am going to record this stuff, it should be one of the things that someone else might have an answer for or someone going through this should know. I don't freak out as bad if I see someone else had something I'm experiencing. 

No comments: