Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In honor of a friend I made I didn't know her name

  Today was her last day for chemo too. I don't know this young ladies name, but I know her spirit, it shined through her eyes. She was many a time an inspiration to us all in there. When I awoke she was gone and Denise said this was her last day. The Staff sung Happy Birthday to her, that is what had awakened me and so I told her congratulations on  this being her last treatment and her birthday as well. She smiled and said thank you, encouraged me, and wished us well.

  It wasn't until after she had gone that my wife told me she was stage 4 and it was in her bones. This was just buying her time. Her boyfriend also had cancer but I ever heard what kind of cancer or what stage. You would have not know that, nor would I if she thought it would make us sad. She gave forth a ray of hope and though we never spoke about it, I'm sure from her thankfulness for each day and lack of fear of death, she knows this video.

  In her honor I found this video of a song that says it all. Hopefully the two people who created this will not mind me placing this in her honor.

No comments: