Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday Follow-up

   It's been a pretty decent day. ok... it has been great! I did learn another lesson though. For the first time in a while I filled the whirlpool tub up (left it turned off) and soaked. I soaked my neck as well. It felt sooooo goood. During the course of the day though I had decided that I was cutting back to the bare minimum on the Morphine, so it was pretty much out of my system. Now it is already past time (hour wise) to change the 3 day pain patch... forgot that too. When I got out and dried off I blotched my neck and put my PJs on.  Went strolling through the house to see when Denise could clean and dress my neck, still feeling good but a breach of pain was slowly beginning to form as my neck got drier. So I use the liquid Morphine as the pain sped up. She is getting the stuff out and all the sudden it was like my neck blew into flames.

   Even the sterile water/hydrogen peroxide soaked Gauze sponges burnt but brought a little relief.The didn't stop the pain but at least kept it from climbing, if indeed it could have climbed higher. The Radiation Lotion hurts when you put it on. For me, worse case scenario or best, the prepping is indeed painful but only precludes the real pain about to start when the lotion is applied. It can be one of the most painful things you will ever experience, and I've seen my share of pain. Heart attack, Gall Bladder stones, Shoulder surgery, Pancreastitus (can't spell that word). This rates right up there with the best.

  Tonight I wonder. We start back Monday, how will I be able to go lotion free? Best I remember, you have to do this without lotion or it amplifies the effect. I am praying that it heals quicker and quicker each day. Denise wanted until after New Years but when Dr Green and I sat down the date on the 28th, we're expecting miracles, and so far God has bestowed plenty of them on us, so I have faith that another one is coming. 

  The Morphine has set in, the moisturizer effect of the lotion has taken effect, the new patch placed on, pain is barely there. My body is kinda rough feeling s the damage scabs over from the chemo. My arms and legs are quickly healing and apparently my back. I'm not sure if it will leave scars but I don't think I even had a modeling deal, lol. Well it's almost bedtime and despite a couple of bumps, it has been a great day. Bumps are ok, they teach us to enjoy the smooth pavement when it gets here.    

       

No comments: