Wednesday, March 6, 2013


  Today we played catch up. The snow came and they asked everyone to be late for their appointment with the doctor at UT Eye Surgeons. They still have no idea whats going on and want an MRI, plus see 2 more specialists, which he is suppose to be one.  I opted out for now. I want to see if the vision gets better on it's own. The worse it gets the better I look when I look in the mirror. Hey you can't beat that, lol.

  We buried Harley Duke, our male Great Pyrenees. He lived longer than any other one we've had. Harley was like a part of the family. Now only Puppy is left and she is lonely. Megan has found another male that we will go see Saturday. He won't take Harley's place but he will have a place of his own. Harley was Puppy's dad. Megan dug the grave and buried him where our other pets are.

  Mom is doing ok, still a ways to go but home so that is half the battle. Today I had to get some things done here but Annie was off school and was with her, plus I called a lot. Tonight we got a Kitchen Island assembled, looks great. Its not big but it will do and fits our Kitchen well. Now I have a place to bake and keep my stuff. I think my throat has enough yeast to bake a cake, lol. The NHL has kicked in high gear and I'm ate up. I may do some treatments later on, I just hate to fire it up. I smell spring coming, if we get past mud season it will be time to do Cabbage & Onions.   


Andi said...

Hi Anthony, I thought since you were treated for Lyme disease in the past this might interest you.

Andi said...

I'm sorry, the other link didn't take.

anthony7 said...

Thanks Andi for the link. I don't understand all of it but I do understand the overall findings. I had no idea this was out there. I'll have to say that was the turn around point and after that event all seemed to start to unravel. The Pernicious Anemia followed the Lymes.

The NHL wasn't diagnosed official until a few years later. 1-31-2005 I had the heart attack then before returning back to work I had a biopsy done of 2 places, the results came back 7-1-2005. My first day back I ripped the stitches out of one leg, which was a funny story. I was delivering the court house, had an arm load and the halls were full, Juvenal Court that day. The kids refused to move so I squeezed between them and the wall, catching one leg. I felt my pant leg getting warm and wet, looked down and could see the blood spot, I was on blood thinners at the time. I made my delivery and headed to the bathrooms downstairs. I got in the bathroom and started to drop my pants when I realized that I could repair it so there was no use taking time out to see, lol. I went on back to delivering, had a lot of stops that day, and it eventually stopped. I guess they were testing me out, loaded me down the 1st 3 days back, I had the weekend to recover but by the end of the 2nd week (1st full week), I was back in the hospital. Those long days with no lunch had taken their toll. I didn't get to finish that week and made Hulse mad because the doctors took me off the road mid day and they had to bring a driver out to take over. Oh was Brian ever mad. I wasn't too happy either, had to spend nights in the hospital again until some code or wave or something quit showing up in my EKG.

Anyway... at the time of my heart attack I had been taking Celebrex for the arthritis the Lymes had left. Funny part 2. I got a check some time ago from a settlement of that drug causing heart attacks. It's still around here somewhere, I never cashed it. I knew the possible side effects and gambled it wasn't something that would happen to me. I was hurting pretty bad from the Arther, still do at times, just not that bad, lol. Hint to the Lawyers. The 57 or so dollars meant very little and didn't even come close to covering anything. I'll assume that saved Pfizer a lot of money in the long run. :)

Andi said...

Anthony, you could be suffering from chronic Lyme. One of the common coinfections is a malarial-type of parasite called Babesia. It destroys red blood cells causing anemia. Other symptoms are brain fog, burning body pain, air hunger, swollen knobs in neck, and strange dreams It's very hard to find in bloodwork. I'm having success taking Ivermectin to kill it. It takes a while to get rid of.

anthony7 said...

Thanks Andi, I'm going to look into that and have my blood tested

Christina Almeida said...

Hi Anthony,

I am sorry to hear about Harley. It is hard to lose a pet, I know. Hopefully you will find another puppy for your puppy at home. As for your eyes, I hope they find what is going on. You still have your sense of humor. That is great for your outlook :-), but I will keep you in my prayers.

I am glad your mom is cancer free. What a blessing. I wish her a healthy and restful recovery.

I am glad you have your bog because I get to know how you are doing. You are an awesome guy Anthony with an extraordinary look on life ! I will keep my eye peeled to see if you post pics on what you have baked. Your baking pics makes me want to bake too.

Say hello to Denise, and sending Hello to your family too. Best wishes for your mom and yourself. There are special tests for testing thyroid, so perhaps you can go to an endocrinologist for more tests.

God Bless you and your family :-)

anthony7 said...

Thanks Christina. I kind of ceased the eye thing for now. He hasn't a clue and wants to refer me to 2 other specialists and an MRI, which I'm Claustrophobic. (Had to use spell check again).

We got a buddy for Puppy named Taz. They are about the same ageHe is pretty cool and after we fatten him up he will be a pretty large dog. I'm guessing between 100-120lbs right now, Puppy is 170-180lbs I'm guessing.

So far my levels on the Thyroid are still within normal limits even though they say it was cooked. Sounds good to me, I ain't questioning it, lol.