Monday, January 20, 2014

uPDATE 1-20-2014

Well, it has been a while and a lot has happened. The medicine that is suppose to stop the Narcoleptic episodes hasn't worked out too well. They have curbed the events but not stopped them. I see no reason for continuing the meds, especially since its 90 dollars for a 30 day supply. I go tomorrow to Schindler to have a place removed from my back and will ask him about it. If he doesn't have any idea or want to get involved then I'll just wait for my next follow-up with Rathfoot. Also on the agenda with Schindler I will throw in getting him to look at my elbow, which also isn't healing as fast as I'd like, it may have broken or fractured. That is the same one that got heavily injured years ago at UPS and they told the doctor if he fixed it I would lose my job back then. It healed over the years but not well.

  Mom is still in the hospital, we took her last Friday to UT. Things are not looking well. Denise has ran me down there all but the initial taking of her, Charlie drove that day and I rode. Today I am of two minds. Denise said she would take me when she gets off but I would like to go earlier, which that means I drive. The cows need feeding today which Megan always helps me, or I help her, depending on perspective, lol. Denise said to take Megan to help me not have an episode, yet while that will help, nothing seems to stop them from happening. Usually I have a little warning with the extreme fatigue and stretching prior to an event. If I saw that coming I could pull off and wait for it to happen maybe. Short distances I know I can always get home, not so with long distances which seems to bring them on. Taking Megan would have no stopping effect on the event coming, and I would not want to be responsible for injuring her or anybody else.

No comments: