Monday, June 9, 2014

06-09-2014 Proceeding

  Step 1, get Dr Rama to approve me for surgery and today that is complete. It could have been scheduled this week, except I haven't enough time to double up on the Prednisone to lessen the chances of a temporary trach, that and there is already a nurse off where Denise works. Now we look at his schedule and another date looked at soon. I won't publish it prior though just to be on the safe side.

  I'm not sure on how it will go this time, I have some reservations on the outcome. One thing is for sure, doing nothing is not working though. One of the few times though I have a bad feeling about this. At best, this should buy me 6 months to a year, if I understood correctly, before we look again for a solution. The continued yeast infections in my throat though make it hard to swallow and even harder to breathe. That is also cutting back on sleep time and rest and creating more of the Narcoleptic type episodes. Plus I'm fat and borderline diabetic, which ain't helping none. The Prednisone even makes me not like myself these days.



    

2 comments:

David said...

Well Anthony, things are never easy are they? :)

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with yeast infections and the drug. One of the hardest things to deal with during any health issue is the feeling of powerlessness it gives you. While I certainly don't need to tell you this, try and lean as much as you can on the Lord during these times. You know he will carry you, even through times that seem impossible to handle.

Do your best to keep your spirits high. For when we lose our joy of life, even through pain, it limits the REASON to live at all.

Lean on the Lord Anthony and tell yourself "even though I feel like crap, I'm going to smile anyway". Sounds simple, I know, but saying that to yourself actually helps. At least it has helped me. :)

As always, I will pray for you and your family. You will get through this, Anthony, as you have before.

Keep smiling.

anthony7 said...

Thanks David. So far it is He who has gotten me this far and I know that whatever the outcome it will be His will. Hopefully that won't include another hole in my head when the surgery is over. It seems like it is one thing after the other and sometimes I get a bit down lately. I fall back to Him and listen to some music, maybe write a little. I like reading in the Bible a lot, takes my mind off things.

I am beginning to feel the pain and pressure of not having 2 of the meds for swelling now, breathing and swallowing is getting to be a real trial. It is only for a few more days though.

I smile, seems no matter what. In tell people it takes less muscles to smile than frown and I'm just being lazy, lol.

Thank you for the prayers and encouragement my friend.