Friday, January 22, 2010


This has to be short as I've not enough strength to write.

  My last radiation treatment was today and charlie and I were tickled. We  were headed to Shoneys to eat when I suddenly felt the need to poop, I decided to wait until we got there. Shortly afterward I became dizzy and within minutes I had to vomit. Charlie pulled to the side of the road. We done this at least 4 times. I either lost consciousness or memory, the next thing I remember was pulling down my driveway.

  I got out and headed for the fence to hold onto, Charlie went to the back and got my mask and certificate. As I entered the gate I thought I could make it to the Oak tree, then the back porch rails. I didn't. I made maybe 2 steps and fell over into the small rock garden. Charlie helped me up and pretty much carried me into the house. I made it to the couch and Charlie got me a waste basket and I continued to through up yellow and green looking liquid. That went on for hours. It was dry heaves until something that felt like it came from deep inside came out. Again I either lost consciousness or something on and off.

  I asked Denise for 2 laxatives which causes me to throw up several times and it was greenish. Denise gave me two enemas later on which produced about 2 cups of poop, some blood tinged.  We called Dr Panella which said I could either go to the ER or wait until my appointment tomorrow. I chose to wait. Dr Panella thinks that my blood pressure had dropped and not to take any more blood pressure medicine until we see him. We've checked my blood pressure several times and it runs about 139/89.

  It's now 5am and I managed to walk to the bathroom by myself for the first time. I decided to write this entry before laying back down. This is the first time I've been able to sit up in almost 24 hours. My throat is killing me but I'm afraid to take any pain meds. Charlie is coming back here this morning to help me to the car, between him and Denise I should be able to get to the car.     

1 comment:

jani said...

Anthony, I am not sure if you you remember me, but I am Jani Rogers...Lynne's best friend. I want you to know that you have been in my prayers from the get-go and I know that God is full of miracles! Stay strong in the faith and He will take care of you. God bless.