Tuesday, July 12, 2011


  Sitting here, awake again but still run down in a way. I hit yet another wall, but I seen that one coming, I just didn't expect the results to be as they were. I slept Saturday night and pretty much all day Sunday and until Monday. I would stay up a bit then back down. Dizzy, double vision, and just worn out. Last night I went outside and maybe it's the heat or a weird ragweed or something but my throat swelled up big time. It makes it hard to breathe when it does that. The neuropathy is raging again, almost a whole week of it.

  I haven't checked on Charlie in 2 days. He is having a hard time with the radiation earlier than I did. He has that chemo color about him, but only 1 more to go. Chemo though is the easy part. I told him to not let them burn him like they did me, demand a vacation if it gets too painful.

  The bandannas seem to work, beats a mask which I never can remember to go and get, Denise says that takes effort. :) I tell her I'm Jesse James looking for a train to rob, lol. Keeping it soaked with cool water helps the body temps too.  Who knows, maybe it will catch on, lol.

  I planned on come hell or high water picking the green beans. Neither came but the rain and lightening did, I figured close enough, so here I set and there the beans are outside waiting. Just the Peanut Beans are ready but the Turkey Crawl and 1/2 White Runners are coming on strong. Megan's gone to Denise's mom and dad's house for a week, man it's too quiet here alone.

  I got a haircut... sorta, lol. Jackie Sue done a good job as always. I could tell she wanted to cut more, lol, but she did what I asked her to do. I think Denise was in hopes that she could convince me to get more cut off. Now to work on getting about 20lbs off.

  I've talked with Sally and Glenda Heywood, haven't talked with Glenda in a while. I miss our talks every weekend years ago. She runs the animal board at the website. The lady is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge on birds and animals. Me and Denise alwasy looked forward to her visits and we alwasy put her magazines in each shipment back then.


Pat robotti said...

Oh Anthony, you are such an inspiration to me. Your blog has haunted me from the day I spent half the night reading it.My husband also has throat cancer. He finished his treatment of 35 consecutive radiation and 3 rounds of Chemo 3 months ago and still endures pain and discomfort.
We found out that since this type of treatment damages the lymph nodes extensively, they are unable to process fluid and it builds up around the neck region. It helps to gently massage the area. Please tell Charlie to get a feeding tube. It is painless and since you are able to inject all the medications and nutrition directly into the stomach, I think it made life much easier, plus much lower risk of infection. The doctors didn't even give us an option. They said that people without the G-tube do not heal as quickly and are much more susceptible to infections since they are not getting proper nutrition. God bless you Anthony, sending you all my heartfelt wishes. Please get better, the world needs all the Anthonys it can get.

anthony7 said...

Thanks Pat, I will remember your husband in my prayers. I pray that he will recover soon.

I know the building of fluids in my neck, but didn't know that others have that problem too. Thank you for telling me about the massages.

I told Charlie to get a feeding tube but he refuses. I think since I done mine without one he decided to do his that way too. Looking back, I probably should have.

Does your husband have difficulty swallowing? How about his Saliva Glands?

You and he are both in my prayers. I know you all have been through a lot.

God Bless and Keep you both in His arms,