Thursday, September 1, 2011

Teeth Gone 9-01-11

  Denise took me to Dr Boyd's office this morning and he pulled the top teeth out. I was a coward this time and requested to be put to sleep, unlike when he took out the bottom ones. I woke up and felt some pain but not the worse I've had. After the numbing wore off, man what pain. So now, with the exception of the bottom two teeth, I'm toothless. If I understood correctly, I have one huge stitch that goes from one side to the other. lol, it grosses Denise out to look at it.

  If all goes well, in about two weeks Dr Steltzman will make an impression and by the third week of this month I'll have my plate made. I've no idea how long it will take me to get use to it. I've stayed inside today, except to feed the chickens and stray cats. With the hydos I've went in and out, I'm not use to them anymore. Clots have formed and just a very little bleeding now, so maybe I won't have to do the pain pills long.

  Me and Megan worked on the wall Tuesday, we got 41 block laid. It's the same wall I started earlier this year, still not done yet. Megan took to the trowel pretty good patching head joints. We backed off of it Wednesday, I lost my voice and my throat swelled up. I forgot that the anti-inflammatory meds would have to be stopped before surgery. I'll start them back tomorrow. We spend the day running errands. I bought enough chicken food to last a month and concrete to mix so I won't have to go out in public much, least that's the plan. Mom's toilet tore up in dad's bathroom so I fixed that yesterday morning, then fixed her plumbing to the toilet where her and or Annie attempted to fix the toilet before they called me. So now both are fixed.

  Denise has stayed home with me today and waited on me. I'd milk it but I'd be pushing it, lol. I figure I'll stay in another day and goof off, I haven't been on the computer much lately. Rick and Al got our porch done and me and Megan built a new gate to match it. I'm going to build Mist and Matt one to match their porch too. Mom's gate has a cracked elbow, so that needs fixed too. The garden is pretty much done until Garlic planting time, save for gathering the seeds.



David said...

You know Anthony, for some reason every time I read this blog I feel like a lazy @&%..... ;)

You do so much work around the house and with your animals and garden, and I complain about having a hard day at the computer (I'm a computer tech).

Nothing like a healthy dose of perspective!

anthony7 said...

What I get done David is easier than what you are doing. But I don't get much done like I use to do, but I try. I've been there sometimes when Matt gets home and he is wiped out. That will take it out of you fast, so don't beat yourself up. I use to work on TVs and radios years ago.

David said...

You're too kind. Either way, it's great to see you continue to be active and productive. How much you get done matters little compared to the effort given.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I also hope you feel better soon and that the pain will go away quickly! That must have been painful indeed!

anthony7 said...

Thanks David. I've got pain pills for now but maybe sometime tomorrow I'll get use to it of it will decrease. One thing I like how I've changed is that when Megan helps me I take the time to show her how to do things. She picks up things fast. Looking on the bright side, in 3 weeks I'll be able to eat what I want for the first time in almost 2 years without worrying about breaking a tooth off.