Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First Dose and the Aftermath

   I wasn't too sure what to expect but the my doctor explained it well and the ladies in the "Chemo Hut" were very nice. I haven't had to have a port so far, so I'll lucky. I've also managed to keep away from a feeding tube. Then again, we ain't out of the water yet.

   I was set in a nice comfortable recliner, they even have a small TV if you want to watch it, I'm just not a big fan of TV. It's cold in the room so they also offer you a blanket. There is an older lady and gentleman that works their way around the room seeing if you want anything to eat or drink. They are nice people.

   A lady sat beside me and was taking her dose gave me some good advice. She said eat only with plastic, never metal. When the metal touches your mouth it will cause it to break out in sores. That was a great piece of advice.

  Thursday I felt fine, just as Dr. Panella had said ad just as he said, Friday it hit... and it hit hard. I barely got up from the bed until Monday, seldom going outside. We did however go to UT Friday for a CT scan, it is a long trip sick. I don't recall when but sometime about Sunday or Monday around my eyes became crusty. I notice a slight change in my vision an my strength is gone, not to mention stamina.

   Week  2 was just as Dr Panella said as well and while still a bit weak and tired, felt better considering. I went to be with a full head of hair Tuesday night and where I awoke Wednesday morning it looked as if Bigfoot had slept in my bed, lol.. This would continue up until a couple of days ago. Note here on this one, I lost most of my hair either in my sleep or in the tub. Take two towels in there whith you. One for your head and the other for everything, lol. Unless you like picking hair off your body and mouth. Funny being pretty much bald, it's cooler that I thought, so I wear something over my head. Ms. Clawson at Easy In Market has made me 2 Do Rags. She lost her husband a couple years ago to cancer.

   On the end of the second week I could eat more. During the first 8 days though I lost 10 lbs. I had, at three weeks out gained back all but a few pounds. So once again I slide past the Feeding Tube.

No comments: